Hear leaders from Global Upside, Boast Capital and provincial representative from the Canadian government as they explore Canada’s accounting, HR, payroll and regulatory “must knows” and take a detailed look at the Scientific Research & Experimental Development (SR&ED) tax credit which provides more than $3.6B in incentives to companies doing business in Canada.
- Where in Canada?
- Entity Setup – options, advantage and compliance requirements
- Understanding Permanent Establishment Risks
- Challenges in finding the right talent and hiring logistics. What are your options when you need to hire quickly?
- Important employment law, benefits considerations
- Do you have the proper tax and accounting support? Key filings and deadlines
- Understanding Canada’s payroll, company law Compliance and corporate tax system
- Key things to know with regards stock transactions (ESPP, RSUs, Stock Options)
- Scientific Research & Experimental Development (SR&ED) tax credit – an overview
- Which companies qualify for SR&ED
- Types of expenditures that you can recover, as well as the potential returns you could receive
- ..and more including your questions
Ragu and his team at Global Upside help companies tackle accounting, payroll, HR, and compliance challenges in 150+ countries. Ragu goes by the mantra “impossible is not in my vocabulary” and has helped Global Upside clients successfully navigate some of trickiest business environments. In his previous avatars, Ragu was the CFO at ActivIdentity (NASDAQ:ACTI) and held leadership positions in several companies including Deloitte and NetIQ (NASDAQ: NTIQ), where he helped the company grow from $20 million to $300 million+ in revenue.
Jeff Christie is responsible for new client development, partnerships, and strategic growth at Boast Capital while leading our Business Development Team. Prior to joining Boast Capital Jeff competed as an Olympic athlete for 16 years in the sport of luge. He raced in the 2006 and 2010 Winter Olympics as well as 72 World Cups and 8 World Championships.
Jeff is actively involved in the local community. He is a member of the Canadian Olympic Committee (COC) Board of Directors and Athletes Commission; was on the World Petroleum Council Youth Foundation (WPCYF) organizing committee for the 2013 Forum. Jeff traveled to Sochi in 2014 with CBC to commentate the Olympic games and conducts a number of public speaking engagements. Jeff holds a Bachelor of Commerce from Royal Roads University in Victoria, BC.
Chris King is the US East Coast representative for the Province of British Columbia. Chris provide hands-on, fully funded, no-cost assistance to fast-growing US companies, entrepreneurs and investors that are considering setting up, expanding, or maintaining physical operations in British Columbia. He and his colleagues on the US west coast and in British Columbia work to connect start-ups, mid-cap and large corporations to the information and resources they need to locate or expand to British Columbia more quickly and profitably, while reducing operational risk.
Have questions about this webinar? Contact us at email@example.com and we will get back to you.