Managing tax and compliance is complex, especially when dealing with multiple jurisdictions where keeping track of changing laws, deadlines, and requirements can often require a small army of specialists.
As companies prepare for global expansion, they will need to understand the intricacies of global tax and compliance matters. We’ve compiled a checklist to help fulfill necessary requirements.
Tax Checklist for Global Expansion
- Conduct a tax strategy health check
- Prepare and file corporate tax
- Manage withholding taxes
- Indirect taxes
- Valued Added Tax (VAT)
- Goods and Services Tax (GST)
- Sales and Use Tax, etc
- VAT refunds
- Review entity structures and manage permanent establishment risk
- Obtain any necessary registrations
- File periodic returns
- EU of services
- Transfer pricing study and compliance
Completing all these steps will ensure your business is ready to operate in any country. Our team of experts is dedicated to ensuring all these steps are met as we help companies grow. If you have any questions or would like to speak with an expert on this process, contact us today.
Compliance Checklist for Global Expansion
- Provide visibility into the regulatory landscape and filing requirements within each of your locations worldwide, including deadlines
- Create global compliance and reporting processes that are integrated across finance and tax
- Strike a balance between risk mitigation and capitalizing on opportunities
- Deliver statutory reporting services
- Group-to-local GAAP conversion
- Provide period close, trial balance compilation, reconciliations, and data gathering and analysis
- Annual company law compliance
Being compliant in multiple countries can be a challenge, but there’s no way around it. If you aren’t compliant with each country’s specific laws and regulations, you could risk legal penalties and massive fines.
Following our checklist will help you avoid this, but if you’d like to have an expert on your side, contact us for support.
About Global Upside
Companies today are spending disproportionate amounts of time and resources on compliance and keeping pace with day-to-day human resources, payroll, accounting, tax, legal, and compliance challenges. At Global Upside, we are shifting the balance. Our integrated services, delivered via a single point of contact, help simplify your day-to-day operations and keep you compliant in 150+ countries so you can focus on innovation and growth.
If you would like to learn more about our business services or have any questions about operating globally, contact us today.